In this recipe, we pair the slightly bitter, earthy flavor of asparagus with garlic and cream. The result is a delicious, creamy asparagus soup. Although Asparagus is a spring vegetable, luckily, it’s found all year long in grocery stores either as fresh or canned. Asparagus is a nutrition powerhouse because of its high fiber, vitamin A, E, C, and K, and folate content.
1. If using canned asparagus, drain and rinse.
2. In a large saucepan, warm the oil and melt the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the asparagus, salt, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. If using fresh asparagus cook until it reaches a golden color.
4. Add broth. Simmer covered for 3 minutes for canned asparagus and 10 to 15 minutes for fresh (until asparagus is very tender).
5. Add the broth / asparagus mixture to the blender. Puree. Return the puree to the pot, add the cream, and warm over low heat.
6. Garnish with cream and serve hot.
Per Serving: Calories 267, Carbohydrates, 15g, Protein 8g, Saturated Fat 11g, Sodium 662 mg, Fiber 4g, Sugars 9 g
This recipe was adapted from https://www.delish.com/