COVID-19 Action Steps
We prioritize the safety of our clients, volunteers and staff and will continue to follow the community guidelines for Coronavirus disease as outlined by the CDC. We are taking these additional action steps to help keep our Beyond Hunger family healthy and minimize the risk of infection:
- We are reminding our clients they can send a person in their place--a proxy--to receive their groceries if they or a family member is feeling sick or if they are at risk for severe infection.
- We have adjusted our food distribution procedures for the time-being. We will be distributing groceries outside to limit the number of people gathered in the building.
- We are verbally reminding our volunteers and clients to wash their hands as they arrive, during their shift, and as they leave their shifts. We also increased signage reminding individuals to wash their hands and cover their coughs.
- We added a health station for our distribution hours with hand wipes, hand sanitizer and will provide masks upon request.
- Common surfaces are being disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
While we rely heavily on our volunteer and staff, their health is a priority for us, and we will continue to remind individuals to stay home when sick or exhibiting cold and flu-like symptoms.
We are so appreciative of such a supportive community. We are all in this together.