Homebound older adults and individuals with disabilities can be particularly vulnerable to hunger due to health and mobility issues. For those unable to visit our Pantry themselves, we collaborate with Oak Park Township and Thresholds and other referral partners to deliver groceries to these neighbors in Oak Park, River Forest and a portion of Austin.
Every month, participants receive approximately 55 pounds of food, including eggs, meat, fresh produce, and a variety of grocery items tailored to their specific dietary needs. Participants are called each month to select their own groceries, which are then delivered to their home by volunteers.
If you are interested in coordinating a specialized food drive for the Home Delivery Program please email Program Coordinator Daisy Gabriel: Daisy@GoBeyondHunger.org.
Home Delivery Needs
- Dry brown rice (no readymade) (1-2lb bags)
- Dry black eyed peas (1-2lbs bags)
- Whole wheat pasta
- Jiffy cornbread mix
- Canned salmon (preferred in water)
- Canned chicken (preferred in water)
- Canned sardines (preferred in water)
- Diced/sliced pineapple, in natural juice (preferred pull-top)
- Diced/sliced peached, in natural juice (preferred pull-top)
To Enroll in Home Delivery
If you are interested in participating in Home Delivery, please contact Oak Park Township’s intake department at (708) 383-8060.
- Must live in Oak Park, River Forest or Chicago's Austin neighborhood
- Must be 60 years of age or older
- Unable to shop for food, unable to attend congregate meal sites
- May be eligible if you were recently discharged from a hospital
For more information on our Home Delivery program, contact Daisy Gabriel, Program Coordinator, (708) 386-1324 ext. 2113