Nutrition Education sessions are part of our work to provide the most nutritious foods possible. These sessions empower families with the knowledge and skills to select and use nutritious food on a limited budget.
Nutrition Education Sessions take place during all food distributions, and are staffed with Registered Dietitians, Dietetic Interns, and volunteer nurses who are available to answer health-related questions.
The Nutrition Education Team Offers:
- Cooking demonstrations using Food Pantry ingredients
- Nutrition topic discussions
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Guest speakers from local universities, local chefs, and health professionals
- Informational handouts and delicious recipes
For more information, contact Maria Delis, RD LDN, Nutrition Program Coordinator (708) 386-1324 ext. 1110.
The Nutrition Education Program is funded in part by grants from the Walmart Foundation, and U.S. Department of HUD, CDBG grant from the Village of Oak Park. We would like to express deep appreciation to all of these funders.