Now Hiring: VISTA Community Engagement and Advocacy Coordinator
Anti-Hunger Corps VISTA program aims to address hunger, poverty, and build the capacity of the agencies that address these issues. Members will assist unemployed and under-employed people obtain job training,
job placement, and financial literacy services; improve access to food from government and nonprofit sources for targeted populations in particular and food insecure people in general; enable residents of food deserts to access healthier foods through farmers markets and community gardens; more low-income children to obtain free school breakfasts and summer meals; effective nonprofit groups fighting hunger and poverty to raise more money and recruit and manage more volunteers, particularly high-impact and skilled volunteers.
Responsibilities and Objectives:
By launching a formal Beyond Hunger Social Ambassadors program this position will create additional opportunities for our community to get more deeply involved and vested in increasing food and nutrition security.
Activities will include:
1. Create and develop integrated digital and social media marketing materials that increase community awareness and advocacy support.
2. Create and edit simple videos for community engagement purposes.
3. Promote awareness of nutrition and food insecurity at community events.
4. Manage Beyond Hunger Blog and Healthy Recipes Content; includes writing copy, recipe entry and graphic design. Be actively involved in SEO efforts (keyword, Image optimization etc).
5. Assist in community outreach to support program and service growth.
6. Monitor Beyond Hunger communication and media channels.
7. Support community engagement with content/marketing pieces.
8. CCLAHD outreach.
9. Monitor hunger news and policy news.
10. Compose and send out press releases for events or notable stories.
11. Help fully develop thought leadership campaign.
Reports to: Communications Manager
To indicate interest in position, and for link to listing of full job requirements and application on VISTA platform, please email Sarah@GoBeyondHunger.org.