Now Hiring: VISTA Volunteer Inclusion Specialist
Anti-Hunger Corps VISTA program aims to address hunger, poverty, and build the capacity of the agencies that address these issues. Members will assist unemployed and under-employed people obtain job training, job placement, and financial literacy services; improve access to food from government and nonprofit sources for targeted populations in particular and food insecure people in general; enable residents of food deserts to access healthier foods through farmers markets and community gardens; more low-income children to obtain free school breakfasts and summer meals; effective nonprofit groups fighting hunger and poverty to raise more money and recruit and manage more volunteers, particularly high-impact and skilled volunteers.
*Beyond Hunger offers a number of cash incentives for VISTA and AmeriCorps members in addition to program compensation.
Responsibilities and Objectives:
Develop community outreach and engagement strategies to engage a more diverse volunteer population more reflective of the communities we serve.
- Research volunteer recruitment and outreach strategies and best practices; participate in Racial Equity and Hunger Network workshop series.
- Draft a recruitment plan based on the above that deepens Beyond Hunger’s outreach to targeted congregations, civic groups, and local companies.
- Recruit and train volunteers, including specialized volunteers as requested.
- Manage all aspects of the monthly E-newsletter to promote volunteer opportunities, program needs, and recognition of volunteers.
- Work with the Communications Manager to align messaging.
- Work with the Director of Development, Events Coordinator, Program Manager, and Sr. Pantry Program Manager to promote special events and volunteer participation during off site opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Development to deepen relationships with targeted groups, businesses, and congregations through volunteerism.
- Represent Beyond Hunger at volunteer recruitment fairs and community events
Provide leadership in stewarding volunteers to deepen their connection to Beyond Hunger and the community.
- Develop annual volunteer goals with the Volunteer Talent & Inclusion Manager (VTIM).
- Assist in developing and planning volunteer appreciation events.
- Ensure regular stewardship of volunteers.
- Write weekly personalized thank you correspondence b. Work with Communications Manager to draft other correspondence as needed
- Assist in developing and planning volunteer education and/or advocacy events 5. Provide backbone support to volunteer leadership and ambassador groups including scheduling meetings, taking and distributing minutes, and leading meetings as required.
- Manage the volunteer database, trouble-shoot technical issues with volunteers, generate reports as requested by VTIM
Foster Beyond Hunger’s culture of continual improvement by providing leadership in assessing the Volunteer Program.
- Liaise with Board Program Assessment Committee and Client Advisory Council, providing backbone support by scheduling meetings, taking and distributing minutes, and leading meetings as required.
- Implement volunteer program assessment protocols, analyze results, and recommend modifications.
- Utilize a racial equity lens to assess current volunteer recruitment and onboarding strategies to break down barriers to participation.
- Create virtual training modules for the Volunteer Program. Participate in and eventually lead monthly training sessions.
To indicate interest in position, and for link to listing of full job requirements and application on VISTA platform, please email Monnette@GoBeyondHunger.org.