Albondigas is a traditional Mexican soup! It is filling, full of flavors, and is comforting on a cold day. This soup makes it easy to include vegetables in your meals!
1. Add all the ingredients for the albondigas (meatballs) into a mixing bowl. Mix/fold thoroughly until everything is well combined.
2. Form 2-inch balls of this mixture. Place each on a plate or tray once rolled, then set aside.
3. Add the chicken broth to a pot and bring it to a boil.
4. Gently add the meatballs to the pot and let cook for 10 minutes. Add in the chopped carrots, potatoes, zucchini and chipotle peppers (if using). Boil for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Add 2-3 cups of water, if needed, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender.
6. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.
• Optional: freshly chopped cilantro, lime wedges, and 2 chipotle peppers
Per Serving: Calories 320 kcal, Carbohydrates 41 g, Protein 27 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Sodium 207 mg, Fiber 6 g, Sugars 8 g
This recipe was adapted and modified from Yellow Bliss Road.