Oats are an excellent source of fiber and complex carbohydrates, but what if you're not in the mood for oatmeal? These Apple Oatmeal Muffins are great as a part of a healthy breakfast, or a snack to keeping you going throughout the day. You'll get your oats, and a tasty muffin too!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan or 12 cup muffin tin.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk and oil, stirring until just blended. In another medium mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix until all ingredients are well-combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in apples.
4. Spoon batter into pan or muffin tin. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm or cool.