An easy recipe that is perfect for weeknights and fancy enough for company. Salmon takes 15 minutes to cook in the oven. Serve with fast cooking couscous and roasted broccoli to round out the meal.
1, Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with
parchment or aluminum foil.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the panko, parsley, lemon zest, salt and
pepper to taste. Add olive oil and stir until the crumbs are evenly
coated. Set aside.
3. Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a cutting board. Sprinkle
with salt and pepper. Add mustard to each fillet, evenly dividing it
between them. Use the back of a spoon to spread the Dijon mustard
over the surface of each salmon fillet.
4. Press the panko mixture thickly on top of the mustard onto each
salmon fillet. Add the panko crusted salmon fillets onto the lined
baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Set timer to 15
5. Salmon is done when the panko crumbs are lightly toasted and a knife inserted into the center
meets no resistance. The knife will NOT easily go through fish that isn’t fully cooked.
6. Serve with couscous, rice or mashed potatoes and a roasted vegetable of choice.
Adapted from Ina Garten’s recipe Panko Crusted Salmon; Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That?