This recipe makes for a delicious and nutritious dinner. The bell peppers are a great source of Vitamin C, the lean red meat is a good source of zinc, and the tomato sauce provides potassium. Keep your eyes and bones healthy while enjoying dinner.
1. Add olive oil and ground beef to a deep skillet. Cook the beef over medium heat until it is fully browned.
2. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper to the skillet. Continue to cook and stir until the onions are soft.
3. Add the tomatoes with juices, uncooked rice, and beef broth. Stir to combine.
4. Place a lid on the skilled and turn the heat up to medium-high. Allow the broth to come up to a full boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and let it continue to simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the heat off and let it rest, lid still in place, for another 5 minutes.
5. While the pot is simmering, combine the tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Once the rice has rested for 5 minutes, remove the lid and fluff it with a fork, gently folding the ingredients back together.
7. Pour the prepared tomato sauce over top, then sprinkle the mozzarella over the sauce. Place the lid back on top and let the heat from the skillet melt the mozzarella. Once melted, sprinkle a little chopped parsley on top and serve.
adapted from Budget Bytes