Dinners that bake all in one dish are our favorite! Great for a busy weeknight, this recipe is full of veggies and fiber. Pump up the fiber by using whole wheat tortillas and topping with fresh avocado slices. While this recipe is vegetarian, chopped chicken or ground beef could be added for even more protein.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine diced sweet potato, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, chili powder, and garlic salt.
3. Spread ½ cup of salsa on the bottom of the baking dish. Place a tortilla on top, ripping into strips, as needed, to fit the dish. Spoon a layer of the sweet potato/black bean mixture over the tortilla strips. Spread the remaining ½ cup salsa over the sweet potato/black bean layer.
4. Add another layer of tortillas, then add the rest of the sweet potato/black bean mixture. Top with cheese, if using.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, until top is slightly browned, and cheese is melted (if using). Cut into 6 squares and serve. Top with additional salsa or other garnishes, if desired.
Per serving - Calories 297, Saturated Fat 5 g, Sodium 763 mg, Sugars 5.9