Give a gift to your taste buds this holiday season with this Italian American “secret” family recipe! Chicken piccata is a fantastic way to incorporate a high protein and low-carb meal into your dinner plans. Perfected over two generations, this recipe is not something you want to miss out on!
1. Place one chicken breast on a cutting board. Slice the breast in half, lengthwise, to get two equal portions that are approximately 4 oz each. Repeat with other chicken breasts.
2. Cover one, 4 oz portion of chicken with plastic wrap on the cutting board. Using the flat side of a mallet, pound it to a thickness of ½ inch. (For more detailed instructions on how to pound a chicken breast, scan the QR code below with your cellular device.) Repeat pounding process with all portions of chicken.
3. Place flour on a clean plate. Dip each piece of chicken in the flour, coating both sides. Shake off excess flour.
4. Place butter in a skillet and melt over medium-high heat. In batches, place chicken in the warmed skillet and cook approximately 3 minutes on each side until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove to a clean plate once fully cooked.
5. In the same skillet, add wine, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to saucepan, heat on high until it comes a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and let it simmer uncovered for 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
6. Place chicken in serving dish, spoon juices on top. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
Serve this dish alongside a large side salad or other colorful vegetable side dish.
Per Serving: Calories: 104, Carbs 1.8g, Protein 13g, Saturated Fat 2g, Sodium 171mg, Added Sugar 0g