This recipe is a classic comfort food with a biscuit crust, a creamy sauce, and a savory mix of chicken and vegetables. It comes together quickly without sacrificing taste or flavor.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-½” pie plate with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Season diced chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
3. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Thoroughly cook chicken breasts in vegetable oil until browned.
4. Add cream of chicken soup, cornstarch, and water to the pan with chicken and stir thoroughly to combine. Simmer of medium low heat; the mixture will begin to thicken.
5. Add vegetables to the mixture, increase heat to medium high, and bring to a boil. The mixture should be bubbling and have a thickened consistency. Remove from heat.
6. Pour the chicken mixture into the prepared pie plate.
7. Top with biscuits. There may be gaps between the biscuits and the filling mixture may then be visible.
8. Bake at 375oF for approximately 35 minutes. For best results, serve while warm.
* If biscuits are getting too brown, loosely cover with foil and continue cooking
Per Serving: Calories 195, Carbohydrates, 14.7g, Protein 22g, Saturated Fat 1.9g, Sodium 331.9 mg, Fiber 1.8g, Sugars 1.8g
This recipe was adapted from www.pillsbury.com