This is a simple and healthy recipe that is perfect for a quick lunch, easy dinner, or after school snack. Chickpeas
are a rich source of zinc and folate, which help to keep your brain and eyes healthy. Tuna is rich in essential
omega-3 fatty acids; these special fats reduce inflammation and promote brain health. Enjoy!
1. Combine chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, and bell pepper in a large mixing bowl.
2. Drain the tuna and flake into the bowl.
3. Add the arugula/lettuce of choice.
4. Prepare the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
5. Sprinkle cheese and parsley (if using) over the top, then toss lightly again.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings/dressing and serve.
Per Serving: Calories 370, Protein 29 g, Saturated Fat 3.9 g, Sodium 475 mg, Fiber 7.6 g, Sugars 6 g