Chickpeas are a rich source of folate and zinc; both help keep your brain and eyes healthy. When paired with vitamin A and C-rich tomato sauce, you have a well-rounded meal. This recipe is quick and vegetarian-friendly!
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the spinach has wilted, and the garlic is beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, sour cream, and salt. Adjust heat to maintain a simmer.
3. Crack an egg into a small bowl, taking care not to break the yolk.
4. Make a well in the sauce roughly large enough to hold the egg and slip it in so that the yolk and most of the white is contained (some white may spread out). Repeat with the remaining eggs, evenly spacing them around the pan.
5. Sprinkle the sauce with thyme (or cilantro); cover and cook until the eggs reach desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium set. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with pepper.
adapted from EatingWell.com