These pancakes add a flavorful twist and whole grains to a traditional breakfast
entrée. Make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for a quick breakfast throughout
1. Mix dry ingredients: In a large bowl, combine flours, oats, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
2. Mix wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, crack egg and beat lightly with a fork. Add orange juice, milk, and canola oil to the egg. Mix well.
3. Turn on skillet: Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
4. Combine: Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened and incorporated. Do not overmix.
5. Cook: Pour 1⁄4 cup of batter into the hot skillet. Adjust heat to avoid burning.
6. Flip: When bubbles appear on the top of the batter and the edges are slightly browned, flip the pancakes and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Serving size: 2 4-inch pancakes