This simple and easy recipe is great for breakfast or a little sweet treat. Crumble a muffin over a bowl of yogurt or serve alongside a bowl of fruit for a more balanced meal.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
3. Place the peanut butter and honey in a mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
4. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each egg.
5. Add the milk and mix well.
6. Add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
7. Stir ingredients together until fully combined. Do not over-stir.
8. Fill each muffin cup with batter 2/3 of the way full.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Take out and place muffins on a wire rack. Be careful, they will be hot!
11. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Chef’s Note: Switch out white, all purpose flour for whole wheat flour for more whole grains and fiber.
Per Serving: Calories 210 kcal, Carbohydrates 25.9g, Protein 7.3g, Saturated Fat 2g, Sodium 123.7mg, Fiber 1.6g, Sugars 7.4g