Fall is coming, so that means pumpkin is everywhere! These muffins could be part of your breakfast or can be used as a healthy dessert or snack option. They are made with wholesome ingredients, are rich in nutrients, and easy to make; consider having your child help you make this fun recipe. Enjoy!
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat 9 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray, or alternatively, line the muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Place oats into a blender, blend well to make oat flour. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
3. Place the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, and almond milk in a bowl and mix well with a fork. Alternatively, you can place the, in a blender. Blend until combined.
4. Add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the bowl with oats. Mix to combine.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined; do not overmix.
6. If using chocolate chips, gently fold them into the batter with a spoon.
7. Scoop the batter into the muffin tins, filling each cup ¾ of the way full. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Per Serving: Calories 180, Carbohydrates 31g, Protein 4g, Saturated Fat 3g, Sodium 164mg, Fiber 3g, Sugars 17g* *Sugar content will change if chocolate chips are added.