Salmon is a versatile fish that is rich in healthy fats, Omega-3 fats. Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation and supports the eye’s oily outer layer. Salmon also provides us with Vitamin D, which helps maintain our bones strong. This delicious salmon burger recipe is a great way to take care of your eyes and bones. Bon-Appetit!
1. Bring water, vinegar, honey, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat.
2. Combine cucumber and sliced onion in a medium bowl. Pour the vinegar mixture over them and set aside.
3. Stir salmon, eggs, breadcrumbs, minced onion, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Form the salmon mixture into 4 patties.
4. Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side.
5. Drain the pickled vegetables.
6. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on each bun. Top with a patty and about ¼ cup pickled cucumbers. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve additional pickled cucumbers on the side or save for another use. (The extra pickled cucumbers can be stored in the fridge for up to a week, in an airtight container.)
adapted from EatingWell.com