No time to cook? Busy schedule? Then this recipe was made for you! Simply toss your chicken and diced
vegetables on a large sheet pan with a little oil and spices, then let them roast while you throw together a simple
sweet and sour sauce. It really couldn't be easier! Use a neutral oil, such as avocado oil, for and added bonus of
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the onion, bell peppers, and chicken breasts into one-inch pieces. Drain the pineapple well, reserving the juice for the sauce. Place the onion, bell pepper, chicken, and pineapple chunks on a large sheet pan in a single layer. Use two sheets, if needed, to prevent the chicken and vegetables from piling on top of each other.
2. Drizzle the cooking oil over the ingredients on the sheet pan, followed by the garlic powder, ground ginger, and a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Toss until they are evenly coated in oil and spices.
3. Bake the chicken and vegetables in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until slightly browned. Stir halfway through the baking time to redistribute the heat. While the chicken and vegetables are baking, prepare the sauce.
4. In a small sauce pot whisk together the reserved pineapple juice (about 1 cup), ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, and cornstarch. Heat the mixture over medium flame, stirring often, until it begins to simmer. Once the sauce has simmered & thickened to a glaze, remove it from the heat and set it aside until ready to use.
5. Once chicken & vegetables have finished baking, remove them from the oven and pour the prepared sauce over top. Stir until everything is coated in sauce. Serve the sweet and sour chicken over cooked rice with sliced green onions sprinkled over top.
Per Serving- Calories: 167 , Saturated Fat: 0.6 g , Sodium: 511.9 mg, Sugars: 27.9 g