Fall is right around the corner! Enjoy this warm, hearty soup on chilly days. Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. This recipe can be served as a filling lunch or dinner.
1. Put a large saucepan of water on to boil.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat; add carrot and onion and cook until softened about 5-6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, crushed red pepper, and ground pepper. Cook, stirring, until fragrant- about 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and beans, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes begin to break down, about 10 minutes.
5. Cook pasta in the boiling water for 1 minute less than the package directions. Drain.
6. Stir spinach into the soup and cook on low until softened about 2-3 minutes.
7. Stir in the pasta just before serving.
Chefs note: If planning to freeze, don’t add the pasta to the entirety of the soup. (Only add pasta to the served portions.) It will absorb too much liquid.
Per Serving: Calories 277 kcal, Carbohydrates 51 g, Protein 12 g, Saturated Fat 0.6 g, Sodium 478 mg, Fiber 11.6 g, Sugars 0.1 g Protein 12.2g