Here is a flavorful dish made with hearty beans, tender chicken, and a rich, creamy broth! This is a great alternative to traditional beef chili.
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 30 more seconds.
2. Add broth, chiles, and all seasonings, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes
3. Drain and rinse the beans. Measure out 1 cup and transfer to a blender with 1/4 cup of broth from the soup. Blend until smooth.
4. Add cream cheese, corn, the rest of the whole beans, and blended beans to the soup. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Stir in chicken, fresh lime, and cilantro. Serve with optional toppings listed below.
Optional toppings: Tortilla chips/strips, Monterrey jack cheese, sliced avocado for serving
Per Serving: Calories 383 kcal, Carbohydrates 35 g, Protein 33 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Sodium 525 mg, Fiber 12 g, Sugars 5 g
This recipe was adopted from Cooking Classy.