This easy recipe is nutritious and yummy! This version is full of lean protein, veggies, and whole grains that will leave you satisfied.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the whole wheat flour and baking powder. Cut in the butter and then add the parsley and 1 cup milk. Gently stir to combine and refrigerate until needed.
4. Add the olive oil and a generous amount of cooking spray to a large nonstick sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion, and mushrooms. Sauté for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft but not mushy.
5. Fold in the cooked chicken
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 ½ cup milk, salt, and ground black pepper. Add to the vegetable mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
7. Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture into the baking dish. Drop clumps of the whole wheat crust mixture on top of the chicken and vegetable mixture (the topping will be very sticky). Use a spoon to gently spread the topping.
8. Bake for 20 minutes and serve.
Per Serving: Calories 290 kcal, Carbohydrates 33g, Protein 21g, Saturated Fat 2.4g, Sodium 395 mg, Fiber 5g, Sugars 7g