Beyond Hunger COVID-19 Mitigation Policy July 2022
As an essential organization we have remained open throughout the pandemic to meet the emergency food needs of our community. We have followed the scientific advice of the CDC and our local health authorities in implementing suggested COVID-19 policy.
Here is what you can expect from Beyond Hunger regarding our COVID-19 mitigation policies
- When arriving or engaging with the public our volunteers and staff will continue to wear masks.
- We ask that when approaching our donation window, or when arriving for distribution that visitors wear masks.
- We are reminding our volunteers and team to stay home if feeling ill, including minor cold symptoms. www.gobeyondhunger.org/COVID19GUIDANCE
- We will continue to operate our Drive-Thru food distribution and offer a walk-in Community Market for those who do not choose to drive.
- We require that volunteers and staff wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival.
- When handling fresh produce our volunteers continue to wear gloves.
- We have imposed a vaccination requirement for all volunteers and staff.
Our vigilance in following the scientific advice of medical professionals has kept Beyond Hunger open and kept our team safe. Beyond Hunger will continue to advocate strongly for all community members to get vaccinated and follow public health guidelines to mask and social distance - especially at times with increased risk of infection.