Updates for Saturday: Outdoor Distribution
We have adjusted the way we operate our food pantry for the time-being to follow the recommendation of the CDC and the Chicago Board of Health. We are still open. We will be distributing groceries outside to avoid the risk of spreading coronavirus. There are no known cases at Beyond Hunger, these are simply actions we are taking to be extra cautious and keep you safe.
Here is what you need to know:
• Distribution hours on Saturday, March 14 are 9am-12pm. You must arrive before 12pm in order to be served.
• Please bring just yourself or send just one family member to Saturday’s distribution to decrease the number of people congregating in one place.
• If you are sick you may send someone in your place. Please download and fill out the proxy form here and follow the directions here.
• We are limiting the number of people who enter the building which means food distribution will be outside.
• When you arrive, you will be greeted by a staff member. You will receive your line number and a menu of items we are offering this Saturday.
• As your number is called, we will take your menu choices and our volunteers will shop for you. Volunteers will bring groceries to you at the pick-up window.
• If you have any questions please reach out directly to Ricardo Garcia, Volunteer and Pantry Manager, 708-386-1324 x 1114.
• Our Social Services Coordinator Amanda is here to help by phone with your SNAP and Medicaid applications or questions. For now we are postponing in-person appointments. If you need assistance please call Amanda at 708-386-1324 x 1106.
Thank you for your patience as we adjust to our current circumstances. While this process may be modified as needed we will continue to provide food. We will resume normal operations as soon as it is safe to do so.