Our Social Services Team is here to help by phone with your SNAP and Medicaid applications or questions. If you need assistance please call Nina at 708-386-1324 x 2115.
The application process for many federal and state benefit programs can be complicated. Our Social Services program seeks to connect more individuals to these public programs by reducing barriers, explaining applications & following up with individuals. By connecting people to income support benefits, we hope to set families up to achieve long-term food security.
- Food Resources
- Money Saving Resources
- Monthly Resource Email Sign-Up
- What to do when you need financial help during COVID-19
- Link Card Perks
Find services for individuals and families, including: senior and youth services, developmental disabilities, medical health care, behavioral/mental health services, and other social supports.
Benefits We Can Help With:
Services are not limited by zip code unless otherwise noted.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – formerly ‘food stamps’
- Cash Assistance (TANF/AABD)
- Medicare savings
- Benefits Access
- RTA Ride Free Permit
- License Plate Sticker Discount
- Access to Care
- State ID Financial Assistance
- No driver's license renewals or duplicates
- LIMITED TO FOOD PANTRY SERVICE AREA
What documents are needed to apply?
SNAP/Medicaid/Medicare Savings/Cash Assistance:
- Current Illinois photo ID with current address (if ID address is not current, bring current lease, utility bill or governmental letter, if homeless, bring a verification letter from a shelter)
- Proof of income from all sources from past 30 days (Social Security, pay stubs, unemployment, etc.)
- Name, date of birth, social security number of all household members
- Children’s birth certificates
If applying for Access to Care:
- Proof of Income (past 2 pay stubs, Social Security Benefit Letter, US 1040, etc.)
- Proof of Address (ID, lease, utility bill, etc.)
- Proof of Identity (Birth Certificate, voter registration card, naturalized citizenship certificate, visa, birth certificate/ID from country of origin, etc.)
If applying for Benefit Access (license plate discount & Ride Free permit eligibility):
For Benefit Access:
- Current Illinois photo ID
- Proof of income from previous year (1040, 1099, etc.)
- Proof of disability, if disabled and under age 65 (Social Security Award Letter, VA Award Letter, Class 2 disability card, Attachment A Physician’s Statement)
For RTA Ride Free Permit & RTA Reduced Fare Permit:
- Current Illinois Photo ID
- Other documents on case by case basis
If applying for State ID/Driver’s License Financial Assistance:
Limited to food pantry service area
- To receive financial assistance to cover the full cost of a new/renewed State ID, duplicate State ID/Driver’s license, or State ID/Driver’s License change of address, all necessary documents required by the Secretary of State must be presented during Social Services visit.
- Click here to see what documentation is required.
Schedule an Appointment:
To set up an appointment Social Services, contact Nina Bernacet at (708) 386-1324 ext. 2110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Program Update—Our Social Services program remains open to assist with public benefits throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. Most work is currently remote and in-person visits are by appointment only. Walk in’s are only available during food pantry distributions and will not be accepted outside of these times. Please see below for how to contact our Social Services team
|Tuesdays||9:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|Wednesdays||9:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|Thursdays||9:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|Fridays||9:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am to 12:00 pm, walk in only|
Social Services Team:
Amanda – 708-386-1324 x1106 – All benefits
Nina – 708-386-1324 x2115 – SNAP, Benefit Access, RTA Fare Programs