CAN DO Community Challenge
THE CAN DO COMMUNITY CHALLENGE HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
CAN DO Community Challenge is a local hunger relief campaign sponsored by Beyond Hunger. It is designed to heighten awareness about local food insecurity and encourages schools, organizations, and individuals to become more involved with Beyond Hunger. Traditionally, food pantry donations are at their lowest during the Spring. With more families facing food insecurity due to rising costs and the ongoing pandemic, your support continues to help meet this growing need now.
If we reach our goal of raising $100,000, we will receive a $25,000 match thanks to the Challenge Corp, a group of local philanthropists.
Get the whole family involved by incorporating our weekly virtual themes during the Challenge (see flyer)
- Week 1 - Building Awareness
- Week 2 - Fun & Games
- Week 3 - Health & Nutrition
- Week 4 - Share Your Impact
DROP OFF SOME OF OUR TOP TEN ITEMS
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Canned Chicken Soup
- Cheerios’ Cereal
- Canned Mixed Vegetables
- Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Paste
- Bagged Rice (White or Brown)
- Refried and Dry Beans (Pinto and Black)
- Canned Pineapples
Each year local schools compete to see who can collect the most food and funds by the end of April. Download our school packet here. You can support a school by sharing their page or making a donation here.
CAN DO Community Challenge Resources
- About the CAN DO Challenge (Video)
- Virtual Food Drive Ideas Flyer
- CAN DO Community Challenge Flyer
- CAN DO Advocacy Point Opportunities
- Can Do Community Challenge Logo can be provided upon request